zaterdag 6 april 2019

Let Us Hear/Watch A New Tune! (Promo 1)

The song
"Fly Talk" is the first song that kicks off the brand new album "The Fly On The Wall Routine", release 30th april 2019. The first song that kickstarted the process.
The fly on the wall in this song you can often recognize in the way they position themselves. Maybe a bit like a bystander, watcher, observer (me included). But they talk too....and sometimes they break with that stereotype. Here It's about the stressed out famous, introverted one, who just wants out, escape!  The line "the fly on the wall routine" I picked up (combining "routine" with "fly on the wall") reading one of those autobios about the once so rich and famous.

The video
Did it myself again, low budget. That's the way I like it. It's done with a monk's patience though to get it "right". So, No I'm not a professional, but I like it like that!
A lot of rhythmic breaks and pulsing going around in this song, so I put pictures/ lyrics/ coloured effects on the tempo of the beat to support that. It's a lyric video by the way, so you'll be able to sing along. Enjoy!




Fly Talk (Lyrics/Music: JoosTVD)

Roll up that red carpet
And let's get out of here
You know you're playing against type
All you want to do is disappear

So we rolled up our sleeves
And dropped the fly on the wall routine
And we walked a few beats downtown
And shaked our tambourines

I have to talk to you...now!
Don't look surprised I had to call
I have to talk to you
We have to clear the air somehow
Don't want to talk

A trail of clouds in the sky
Is spelling out your name
It feels like ripping off the band-aid
you blow the blues away


This is the first promo of two. The second will be released when the album drops!

Next: Let Us Hear/Watch A New Tune! (Promo 2)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten