zondag 5 mei 2019

TVD's Recording History

Ok, a little (recording) history then
Let me see....I started writing little ditties in 1979 and have been recording since then. First on analog tape of course. I was hooked, played (drums, bass, guitars, sometimes synths, vocals) on primitive, cheap instruments most of the time  and recorded my ass off! Here are a few machines I've hassled with (note: I am a musician , no technical chef):

I recorded mostly improvised stories, sometimes filled in the silences with jokes and dirty sounds


Remember the SOS function? Well, overdubbing with hiss was a non plus.


More tracks, more overdubbing, less hiss, still hiss on the tape

A 4-track Tascam did the trick for 43(!) tapes till 1998, followed by the digital/ virtual recording with a firewire and a cd burner. Since 1998 I've recorded 22 albums and 15 of them you can stream on www.

Digital, pre-amps, firewire, no hiss!

My present setup?
I have used the digidesign 003 since 2011 with Pro Tools and now as I've bought the Thunderbolt Apollo Twin Quad and a very heavy game laptop, so I'm in the middle of switching stuff. It gets smaller by the day!

Digidesign 003, possibilities....
Apollo Twin Quad, small stuff!
getting mobile game laptop

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten